According to a notice published on the OECD's web site, in 2014 Cyprus and 43 other jurisdictions (including Malta, the Netherlands, Great Britain, the Isle of Man and the islands of Guernsey and Jersey) confirmed that the first automatic transfer of tax information, in accordance with the standards proposed by the OECD, would take place in September 2017. It is expected that this group is likely to increase in number as the above countries are joined by other countries willing to support the automatic exchange of tax information.
Russian and foreign corporate law. Structuring and representation in M&A deals
The achievements of the IPT Group in this field of its professional activity during the whole period of the existence of the Group include the implementation of M&A deals with a total value of USD 3 billion, as well as establishment of the corporate governance for over 20 JVs on the basis of shareholder agreements governed by English, Dutch or Russian law.
Types of works provided as a part of the service:
• Structuring and support of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in accordance with foreign law.
• Legal due diligence of the foreign companies to be purchased.
• Support of projects aimed at attracting banking and project financing, as well as other types of debt financing.
• Establishment of a holding structure of a business with the involvement of different jurisdictions
• Establishment of joint ventures, development of their corporate governance system.
• Development of shareholders agreements in accordance with the English law.
• Support in international litigation.
• Opinions on foreign law issues.
• Representation of the clients' interests in their relations with foreign custodians and nominal holders, including the conclusion of depository agreements, placing securities to depo accounts, change of the place of safekeeping of the securities, as well as other operations with securities.
• Registration and complete legal support of foreign companies.
• Preparation of contracts governed by the law of a foreign state.
• Due diligence in respect of the countereparties that are foreign companies.
• Legal support of construction, registration and operation of residential real estate, yachts and aircraft in foreign jurisdictions.
IPT Group works on international projects both in-house and with the involvement of the specialists of its associated office Costas Tsirides & Co. LLC, one of the most reputable law firms in Cyprus. In the implementation of its M&A projects, IPT Group also leverages the potential of its extensive affiliate network in the countries of the European Union and Southeast Asia.